Downloading and installing PrivMX WebMail
Click below to download files and follow the instructions.
Requirements: web hosting/server supporting PHP 5.4 (or newer)
Alternatively: download privmx-web-installer.php - a single PHP file (10KB) which checks if your PHP installation meets requirements (version number and modules) and then allows to automatically download the latest version of PrivMX WebMail, unzip it and run the main installer script. Why web installer?
Assuming that your web page has the address https://yourdomain.net, the first steps are:
- download the ZIP file and unpack it in the main folder of your web page. Use your web browser to open https://yourdomain.net/privmx.
- Alternatively - download the web installer file and place it in the main folder of your web page. Then, open https://yourdomain.net/privmx-web-installer.php.
In both cases the main installer will be started.
- Follow the information provided by the installation script. The script does not download anything, it performs some operations in the /privmx folder and generates activation link for the first (admin) account.
- Activate the first account - you will get your PrivMX address yourname#yourdomain.net.
- Log in and use the "Server Admin" menu to create accounts for your other users.
- your login page is https://yourdomain.net/privmx, and that
- you can always test your configuration by sending anything from your account to bot#simplito.com. The bot should respond after a few seconds with a copy (echo) of your message.
- The source code of PrivMX WebMail is included in the installation package. For browsing client-side JS code, please download additional source maps.
- Some PrivMX server libraries are available separately under the MIT License: elliptic-php (fast ECC library for PHP) and bn-php (a BigNum library for PHP).
- Core PrivMX client crypto library: privmx-crypto-js (MIT License).